I created this in response to my deep sadness for our country stemming from the outcome of the 2016 Presidential election. I am girded for the battles to come. Of particular concern to me are civil rights, the environment and women’s reproductive rights. What are yours?
Wear this ribbon as a symbol of resistance and as a reminder to stay informed, be vigilant and to take action.
I am giving this ribbon to anyone who would like one. Please contact me.
If you would like to make your own, see instructions below.
Grosgrain ribbon, black, 7/8″ wide
Green embroidery floss
Embroidery or milliner needle
- Cut ribbon to 7 1/8″ length
- Fold over
- Hold ribbon so that the ends flay out
- Secure with a French Knot. See instructions here.
- Cut the ribbon about an inch or so from the knot on the top side in half way and pull to fray the fabric a little
- Use a safety pin to affix the Ribbon of Resistance on your coat, hat, sweater, scarf, etc.